Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Stranger magnet

I attract strangers.

Every time I go out alone a stranger would come to me for a short talk. I was telling myself that probably I look nice for them to approach me. hahaha! <--- vain :) Anyway I'd tell you about one of those person I met, her name is Lily. She had been living in US, she's a Filipino and now she's here in the Philippines. We talked about US and about the book that I am currently reading. She told me about her family. There's something about Lily you know. I mean when she talk about her family, her eyes seem to twinkle. Seriously, there's something so strangely happy in her eyes when she talk about her family. She told me about her sons and daughter and every time she says their name, her face lit up. There was one line though that stayed with me. "One day Ange (her daughter) was just a baby now she's already married. Yesterday, I was just a lady now a grandmother. Time goes by, and you'll never notice it until your daughter or son reach a certain event in their life. From their first fall, to their first breakup, to their graduation, and to their wedding. Everything passes, only love doesn't." and just like that, she stared fixed somewhere I don't know. It seemed like she was no longer talking to me but to herself. I pat her arm and said "Thanks"

 
That's how she looked like. If you see her, please say hi for me

I like meeting people because I want to hear their stories. I've met a few strangers and I can still recall those strangers who had shared their story with me. This lady, ms. Lily will surely be an added to those people who shared so little yet meant so much to me. Wherever you are ms. Lily I think you are a wonderful person. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment