Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I don't want to be like HIM.

My dad thinks that credit card is an advantage when in truth, it isn't. I was pissed with my dad earlier because he's insisting that I spend my money on buying an LCD. To say, there's really no problem. The thing that pisses me off is the fact that he wanted me to buy LCD through Credit Card.

During our discussion he was also telling me to invest on insurance (like PAG-IBIG) when in truth, investing in insurance isn't on the top list of my investing plans.

What adds to me annoyance is when he told me not to save this early. He told me to spend on things first. I have been reading books about finance and expanding my expenses is the last thing on my mind. He told me to start saving by 30. I think not. You see I don't want to start saving by 30 because by then I'll have an enough of money by what? 50? I want to save and expand my savings as early as I can. I want to spend my money on objects that will generate an income for me or at least will teach me more about financial literacy; not exactly in leisure and materials to make me look like a millionaire or wealthy.

You see, I really don't want to follow him. I want to take risk. If I'll end up losing large sum of money then so be it. Let me learn from my mistakes. Let me take risk and win (or fail). If I win, I'd gain a treasure of wisdom and gold. If I lost then I'd gain a lesson.

I don't like being dictated how I should spend my money because I am old enough. Plus, he's not financially successful so I don't want to follow his footsteps. I think, he thinks that he's protecting but he's not. What he's doing is directing me exactly on the way he went through.

My father has a mind of a middle class. The only thing that puts money in his pocket is his job and the rest goes to tax and expenditures that will make him look wealthy. Looking wealthy is not on my priority list, okay?

Seriously, the last thing I want to be is to be like biological father, financially speaking that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment