Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What should I do???


What Should I Do?


I was sitting on our couch thinking of how life had been draggingly slow for me. I was torn between doing what I want and doing what is expected of me. Seriously, this was starting to get into my nerves. Every time I take an overview of my life I was torn of what I should be doing and what I really want.

When I graduated it seemed like I was in an open field. Here I am living in a big world! I thought I can finally be whatever I wanted to be. I can be an F1 racing driver, a reporter, a field researcher, a talk show host, or live my dream becoming a writer ... the opportunities are limitless! It's ZENITH! But then again, how do I exactly get that? How can I BECOME ONE OF THOSE?

That question was like a freezing cold bucket of water and ice splashed into my face waking me up from my dream. Now, so it seems, I am stuck to what I should be ... an IT person. Someone who's stuck in front of the computer debugging, writing codes, and all of those bland things I have been doing back in college. I can't. I just can't be stuck inside an air-conditioned office fixing, writing codes for the rest of my life. I need a little spice. I wanted action.

Just when I did not expect it, an unsolicited advice was handed to me. You see while I was having the usual idle time of my life watching Dateline, this Lebron James commercial was featured during Boyet Sison's sports news. The commercial is about "...the expectations others may have of him (Lebron James) versus the expectations he has of himself...".

I thought, wow did Nike just gave me an advice? That now in my question of What I should do: Should I do what I want or should I do what is expected of me? They [Nike] just told me, "JUST DO IT".

The answer might a little vague but I am sure it wanted me to do what I ought should be. And I am taking that advice and I'll just do it. I'll take a plunge. Whatever is going to happen, let it be. Think of me as a madwoman now, world. But just so you wait. I'll do it and you'll see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment