Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nostalgia over Maalaala Mo Kaya

Earlier today I suddenly got a pang of nostalgia over my old "ship". I used to ship them like way back 8 years ago. hahaha! I don't know I suddenly thought of them. I am a funny little kid mind you. So I'm not surprised there. lol! :))

Anyhow, anyhow, anyhow. I've been scanning some old threads in this popular local forum and I stumbled upon Maalaala Mo Kaya thread (Maalaala Mo Kaya is a drama anthology show in our local channel) and there are topics in which they discussed what episode would people want to see again. In my case there are few episodes that I wanted to see.

1. The Wedding Vow -- This is the Eric Quizon, Carmina Villaroel episode. Eric here has a mental illness which he kept a secret from his wife. It was just later that Carmina found out about his illness. Eric was so great in his acting. I can clearly remember how much I have cried in this episode. This was shown July 1997. hahaha! I could no longer find a copy anywhere in WWW.

2. The Charlie Davao pre-Christmas episode -- This is the Jean Garcia, Ricky Davao episode. This was way back 1900's where Charlie was on his top career and with good life. Charlie was diagnosed with something. I can't clearly remember it because I had to turn off the T.V because we had a novena with my family. But I got into some parts. It was really touching. Anyhow the story was about a certain point of Charlie and his first wife Emma's life. I liked Jean and Ricky here (December 18, 2003).

 Oh this is not an MMK picture still. 
I just used the picture because it has them in it.
3. Manika -- This featured Jean Garcia, Ricky Davao, and Angelica Panganiban. Jean Garcia is an OFW while Ricky stays at home to take care of their only child -- Angelica only that a tragedy came where in Angelica was rape and murdered. The pivotal scene there was when Ricky called Jean and could hardly tell her the sad news. (2004?)

4. Billyard -- This is the Matthew (forgot his last name) and G. Tongi (did I get the last name right?) episode. Matthew was the good boy and G. Tongi was slutty girl in the university. It was cute love story. So I wanted to watch it but hardly see a copy on line.(????) :(
Anyway I really ought to find Maalaala Mo Kaya DVD. I hope there are DVDs sold somewhere in Video Stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment