Monday, November 29, 2010

So what now?

One of the things that I thought while I was working is that I am doing exactly the same thing. I wake up early in the morning, take a bath, eat, go to work, watch T.V / read book, sleep, then wake up again in the morning.  It becomes a routinary for me. Also, earning doesn't help at all because when I earn, a part of it goes to my parents, to my monthly savings, extra expenses, leisure,  but again go back to work and wait for the end of the month to have my salary. I came to realize that I am exactly going nowhere. I'm just living in a cycle.

While I was on a break contemplating about life, I thought that I do not want this routine for the rest of my life. I have to do something about it or else I'll die with only purpose of having clothes, survived, enjoyed a few pleasure in life, and then nothing. It's will all be like as if I have never existed. And the only proof of my existence is my grave stone. I might as well put there "This certifies that a certain Leah existed".

When I came into realization that that's all I am going to do for the next 10 years of my life or so, I thought not. You see, there's this desire in me to step out of being someone in the background. Someone who works according to someone's dictation, work for me to survive, work just to have my fill. NO. I can't. I just can't tread the water for the rest of my life, I have to emerge from it.

So I was driven by these questions, and now suffice it to say that I have few answers. I cannot say the answers because some may not exactly understand my philosophy. But I'll mention one important answer: Contribute to the world.

Honestly, in my opinion, it's not just okay to live in this world filling our only needs and wants. It's not enough to just live and have family. We have to contribute to our world. I haven't done it yet, but it's because I am starting. But I'll say that it's one of my important plans. I need to touch someone's life. I need to build the world that my God has entrusted to me. I need to give hope for my brothers and sisters because my Dad wants me to do this. Now, this is the purpose that had struck in my mind. I cannot just live my life but I have to live for others and for our world.

I might say that this "wisdom" that I have acquired is given to me by my Father and best friend, God. I had been praying to him about life and my purpose of existence. And I believe that through this everyday wisdom I get is His way of talking to me, of guiding me as His daughter, and best friend. I believe that God wanted me to be like this.

Thanks Dad! I won't let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment